This Raspberry Marshmallow Dessert is a bright, delicious dessert great for any holiday table.
This dessert came about by accident. I have been trying to make a “healthier” version of my mom’s Raspberry Custard Pie (which I have yet to post…sorry for teasing). Anyway, I didn’t want to deal with a pie crust, so I went for a 9×13 type dessert. Instead of a custard, I made a filling that mimics marshmallows, but it’s totally homemade.
1. Info for Raspberry Marshmallow Dessert
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Raspberry Marshmallow Dessert
- 1 cup oatmeal ( I used gluten-free oatmeal) ground in a food processor until fine
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- pinch salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups whole, fresh raspberries
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix crust ingredients and press into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine heavy cream, arrowroot, agave and salt.
- Stir and cook until it gets thick (not stiff, though)
- Add vanilla and fold in raspberries.
- Spread filling over the crust.
- Place in refrigerator.
- In another saucepan, combine glaze ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until it boils and thickens.
- Cool at least 15-20 minutes.
- Spread over filling.
- Return to the fridge.
- Serve cold.