Although this pie is refreshing enough to hit the spot on a hot summer’s day, winter is citrus season, making this a more affordable time of year to make it. Not only that, sweetened condensed milk goes on sale for the holidays, too. It’s almost as though the grocery stores want us to make key lime pie in December.
If you have access to key limes, use them. If, however, you count yourself lucky just to find larger limes on sale, don’t hesitate to use those instead. Many key lime pies are no bake, but this one needs a zap in the oven to reach perfection. It is by far my favorite recipe for this delicious pie.
1. Info for Key Lime Pie
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Key Lime Pie
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp lime zest
- Prepared graham cracker crust
- Mix the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice and lime zest in a bowl.
- Pour into the prepared graham cracker crust and bake 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes (watch it, you want it to have tiny little bubbles forming on the top of the filling).
- Let pie cool for 15 minutes on the counter and then refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.