I opened one of those big cans of pumpkin to make a double batch of pumpkin apple muffins and then had an extra cup of pumpkin to play with. I read a few recipes, but they didn’t strike a chord. I wanted to add oatmeal, but didn’t make it work. Instead I made a triple batch of instant oatmeal packets. So anyway, here is the result of some fiddling and combining. These aren’t too sweet and taste delicious warm with a dab of butter.
These are not your “are these a cupcake?” muffins. They are very hearty and would work as an accompaniment to a big breakfast or even dinner. Of course, they could stand alone, too. My family had no trouble gobbling them up as snacks.
1. Info for Maple Pumpkin Muffins
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Maple Pumpkin Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1¼ cup milk
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2½ cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup cinnamon chips (or nuts or raisins)
- Cream the maple syrup and butter.
- Add eggs and blend.
- Add pumpkin.
- Combine dry ingredients and add alternately with milk.
- Stir raisins into batter.
- Divide amongst 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake 400 degrees for 20 minutes.