New tip: make up a huge batch of struesel and keep it in a quart jar in the fridge. It lasts a long time and is available whenever you need it. (I personally find making it each time I need it a pain, maybe I am alone in this?).
I find that a streusel topping perks up even the homeliest muffin. Who doesn’t like a little extra cinnamon and sugar on their muffin? Sometimes streusel is dry and crumbly, while other times it melts into a flat topping. Which do you prefer?
1. Info for Whole Wheat Banana Honey Muffins
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Whole Wheat Banana Honey Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 mashed bananas
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⅓ cup flour
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Whisk the oil and honey together.
- Add the egg and bananas
- Combine the dry ingredients and add alternately with the hot water.
- Mix streusel ingredients together with a fork, pastry blender or in the food processor.
- Fill 12 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle streusel on top of each muffin, storing extra in a quart jar in the fridge. Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.