This morning, I felt like bringing breakfast to my adorable husband Lulu. He is lactose-intolerant and he’s a vegetarian. It’s always a challenge for me to make a variety of foods that he can eat. This oatmeal vanilla almond shake is perfect for him, it’s dairy-free and full of protein with almonds and whey protein powder, just like at Jamba Juice! It’s also cholesterol free (if you don’t add the dollop of whipped cream of course…)
After several tests with agave nectar in the past few weeks like my Broiled Agave Nectar and Honey Grapefruit , Agave blended Homemade Yogurt with Kumquat Preserves (without using a Yogurt Maker) and Toasted Sesame Tofu Caramelized with Agave Nectar, Wasabi and Soy Sauce, I used the delicious nectar in my protein shake.
So prepare a tray with freshly baked bagels, some cream cheese, a freshly cut rose from the garden, and of course your delicious oatmeal vanilla almond shake. Bring to your love with a big smile and say ”Bonjour mon coeur, t’as bien dormi?” translation: Hi my love, did you sleep well?
1. Info for Oatmeal Vanilla Almond Protein Shake
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: 4
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Oatmeal Vanilla Almond Protein Shake
- 1 package bananas & cream oatmeal, (1.23 oz)
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk, as needed
- 3 cup ice cubes
- 1 Tbs almond mill
- 1 banana, ripe
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp banana extract
- 1 package vanilla soy protein powder, (1 oz)
- 1/3 cup agave nectar, to taste
- 4 dollops vanilla flavored whipped cream, optional
- Combine the bananas and cream flavored oatmeal and 1/3 cup of vanilla soy milk in a small bowl. Place in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Combine the oatmeal, the banana, almond mill, vanilla soy protein powder, ice cubes and vanilla and banana extracts in a blender. Blend all the ingredients for about 2 minutes. While the mixture is blending, add the remaining vanilla soy milk. The consistency of the smoothie should be thick but still easy to drink. You’ll get about a yield of 3 cups. Pour into 4 glasses. Add a dollop of whipped cream.
- Finish with a bubble tea fat straw and a little cocktail drink umbrella for decoration.
- Have a great day, and check back tomorrow for my tiramisu parfait recipe!