Way back in December 2009, the Foodbuzz site put out a call for interested cooks to come up with recipes using Newman’s Own products including pasta sauces, salad dressings and salsa. 52 of the applicants were chosen and each week throughout 2010, one of us has been featured on the homepage of Foodbuzz. This is my week to be featured.
1. Info for Honey Mustard Burgers with Blue Cheese Mayo
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Honey Mustard Burgers with Blue Cheese Mayo
- 1 u00bd pounds 80-85% lean ground beef
- 2 onions
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- u00bc cup crumbled blue cheese
- u00bd cup mayonnaise
- 4-6 hamburger buns
- Slice onion into thin slices.
- In a heavy skillet, melt butter and olive oil.
- Caramelize onions while the hamburgers cook.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, Newman’s Own Light Honey Mustard Vinaigrette, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Form into patties.
- In another skillet or electric griddle, cook hamburgers; 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Combine blue cheese and mayonnaise until mostly smooth.
- To serve, place hamburger on bun, spread with blue cheese mixture and top with onions.