I had some leftover brats. Not enough to feed the entire gang, but enough to fill us if I sliced them up. I also had something new to try out; some Tropical Traditions coconut oil. I will be fiddling with it a lot this week and then next week.
Anyway, this skillet meal is a fabulous way to use up those few extra brats that may be left after a barbecue.
1. Info for Potato, Bratwurst and Green Bean Skillet
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Potato, Bratwurst and Green Bean Skillet
- 5 cooked bratwurst sausages, sliced thickly (about 5 slices per brat)
- 10 redskin potatoes
- 2 cans green beans, drained well
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp oil (I used coconut, but you could use any)
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Quarter the red potatoes and boil until just done.
- Drain completely.
- Saute the onion in the oil.
- Add the rosemary to the onion before it’s completely cooked to release the flavors of the herb.
- Toss in the green beans, cut bratwurst and bacon, warming through.
- Add the potatoes and toss again.
4. Tips and advices:
- If you use regular bratwurst, this is gluten free, but if you use beer brats, it isn’t.