This pie is a refreshing, cold one. The filling is a basic custard with peanut butter and peanut butter chips melted into it. My kids thought it tasted like candy. I imagine it would be good with a chocolate crust. We squirted it with chocolate syrup as a garnish.You make it in the microwave; easy as pie. (pun intended) If you use a store bought crust, you can whip this baby up in about 15 minutes. If you want a gluten free dessert, use a gf crust like Bob’s Red Mill’s pie crust mix. The filling is gluten free by itself.
1. Info for Peanut Butter Pie
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 graham cracker crust
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- whipped cream
- chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and evaporated milk in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave it in 1½ minute increments, stirring in between, until it boils and thickens.
- Add about ⅛th cup of the hot mixture to the egg to prevent the egg from cooking prematurely.
- Add the egg into the mixture in the microwave safe bowl and microwave it again for about 2 minutes.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter morsels, peanut butter and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Pour filling into the graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to completely cool.
- Serve with whipped cream and chopped peanuts.