I happened to find that my local Walmart sells just about every kind of Watkins extract known to man. Before I could think about the sanity of doing so, I threw them ALL into my cart and headed to the cashier. When I got home, I found that in my crazed frenzy, I had inadvertently put two caramel extracts into my cart. That didn’t seem to be a big problem, but I knew I wouldn’t have to hoard that particular flavor.
I needed to make some pumpkin cupcakes for my little girl’s class. I grabbed a can of ready made vanilla frosting and added 1/2 tsp of the caramel flavor. WOO-EE! That made an amazing difference in the flavor. I am going to add other flavors in the future, but for these muffins, I used the rest of the caramel flavored stuff. You don’t have to frost them at all. They are great plain, but the little bit of icing was a treat.
1. Info for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1⅔ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 heaping tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain pumpkin
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin tins (makes 18 medium sized muffins or 9 jumbos).
- Mix dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until moist.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into pan. cook for 18-24 minutes depending on size of muffins. Test with toothpick for done-ness.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto wire rack.
- These freeze well and can be warmed in the microwave.