These stuffed peppers are like little meatloaves in a pepper. My favorites are the red ones and not just because they are red. They are so much more subtle than green peppers. Once they are cooked, they are sweet, juicy and delicious.
The beef filling has 1/3 cup of Hidden Valley Ranch buttermilk salad dressing and 1/3 cup of bread crumbs per pound of meat. It’s an easy ratio to remember. The dressing makes the meat so tender. The meat almost melts in your mouth.
They go together in a few minutes and then bake for 2 hours, giving you time to get the rest of your meal together. I served these with the first strawberries and asparagus of the season. Spring cannot get here soon enough!
1. Info for Ranch Burger Stuffed Peppers
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Ranch Burger Stuffed Peppers
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk Salad Dressing
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 6-8 large bell peppers
- Prepare the peppers by cutting off the tops and taking out the seeds/core.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- Fill the peppers with the meat mixture.
- Replace the tops.
- Place in a baking dish and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 1½ hours at 350 degrees.
- Remove foil and continue baking for another 30 minutes.