We had both a turkey and a ham for Thanksgiving. With only 10 people at the table, that made for a lot of leftovers. I put the ham bone straight into the freezer for a future pot of beans or soup. I made a big pot of turkey soup and put half of that into the freezer. There is also a pan of turkey tetrazzini and another of ham Bonaparte in the freezer.
I doubled the recipe because I like leftovers. My four year old had three bowls full for dinner and another for lunch the next day. This is definitely kid friendly.
1. Info for Ranch Ham and Cheese Pasta Bake
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Ranch Ham and Cheese Pasta Bake
- 1 16 ounce package rotini pasta
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cubed ham
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 10 ounce package frozen peas
- (not used, but in the original recipe: 1 tsp lemon pepper, ½ tsp dried minced onion, ¼ cup Parmesan)
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter; whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add milk and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil and stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and 1 cup cheddar cheese and peas.
- Spread in a greased 9X13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheddar over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.