My sons are huge Marvel fans and watch (and practically memorize) every single movie that comes out that contains any kind of super hero. They can tell me how each character is related to the next, where they came from and what they can do. I think there may even be a wiki for marvel characters that they reference when rolling their eyes at my ignorance. They are huge critics of movies that don’t follow the comics or cartoons exactly as they should. They consider creative license on the part of the movie makers, nothing short of blasphemy.
This is one of those super hero recipes that saves the day when dinner needs to get on the table fast. It may not wear a cape or be able to scale a building with it’s fingertips, but it quiets the angry mobs that threaten the peace of the dining room. It calls for convenience foods like Green Giant baby peas in butter sauce and cream of celery soup which is great for those who can eat them. I have also made this using some gluten free tricks: gf pasta, plain frozen peas and celery sauteed in butter then added into a white sauce using rice flour as a thickener. It takes a little longer, so the gluten free version may only qualify as a super hero side kick :-).
1. Info for Smoked Sausage Pasta Skillet Dinner
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Smoked Sausage Pasta Skillet Dinner
- 1 16 oz precooked Polish sausage link, sliced
- 1u00a0 12 ozu00a0 pkgu00a0 egg noodle type pasta, cooked
- 10 oz frozen baby peas
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 Tbsp dehydrated onion or 1 fresh onion, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Break up peas and butter sauce in skillet, add soup, meat and onions.
- Bring to a slow simmer.
- Add pasta, combine and heat through.
- Top with cheese.