I first ate this dish at a friend’s house. She graciously gave me the recipe. It is a great accompaniment to chicken, fish, beef or pork.
It originally called for 1 cup of butter. Although that much butter is wonderful, it was too much. I cut it down to one stick and then cut it down again to half a stick. I have used butter or olive oil with great results. This is a super flavorful dish.
1. Info for Tomato Herb Pasta
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Tomato Herb Pasta
- 1 Tbsp dried onion
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes OR 2 cups peeled and diced fresh tomatoes
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- Boil noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over low heat.
- Add herbs, salt, water and tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Mix in drained pasta and serve.
4. Tips and advices:
- Use gluten free pasta for a gf dish.