If you’re looking for new ways to prepare chicken breasts, try this fresh and easy Italian-inspired dinner.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for 30-Minute Sheet Pan Chicken Caprese.
1. Info for 30-Minute Sheet Pan Chicken Caprese
- Cook Time: 32 min
- Total Time: 32 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 457.1 kcal
2. Ingredients for 30-Minute Sheet Pan Chicken Caprese
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. salt
- Black pepper
- 1 Tbs. butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- extra-virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 large tomato
- 6oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 leaves basil
- balsamic reduction
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line an extra-large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with the salt and black pepper.
- Place the melted butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Brush the chicken on both sides with the garlic-herb butter, and arrange on one side of the prepared baking sheet.
- Trim the ends from the asparagus spears and place in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and black pepper. Toss the asparagus to evenly coat.
- Arrange asparagus on the other side of the baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken and asparagus on the middle rack of oven for 12 minutes. While the chicken and asparagus bake, prepare the toppings.
- Cut the tomato into 1/4-inch thick slices. Slice the mozzarella ball into rounds a generous 1/4 inch thick.
- Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven. Place 2-3 tomato slices over each chicken breast and 2-3 mozzarella rounds over the tomatoes. With a rubber spatula, gently toss the asparagus.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and continue baking until the chicken is cooked through and the mozzarella is melted, 8-10 minutes.
- Check to see that the dish is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Stack the basil leaves and roll into a tight log. Make very thin slices across the log to create ribbons.
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the chicken. Garnish with basil, and sprinkle with sea salt. Serve immediately.