Packed full of veggies and cheese, no one will miss the meat in this breakfast casserole.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Cheesy Vegetable Egg Bake.
1. Info for Cheesy Vegetable Egg Bake
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Servings: 10
- Calories: 195.41 kcal
2. Ingredients for Cheesy Vegetable Egg Bake
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4oz. cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 10-12 asparagus spears
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/4 red onion
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 4oz. (1/2 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4oz. (1/2 cup) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2oz. (1/2 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms. Finely dice the broccoli, asparagus, bell pepper, and red onion.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once shimmering, add the vegetables to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are shrunken and browned and the vegetables are softened, 7-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper. Add the vegetables and shredded cheeses. Fold with a rubber spatula to evenly distribute.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the casserole on middle rack of oven until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.
- Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow casserole to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Cut the casserole into squares, or simply spoon onto plates.