It’s interesting how restrictive most people assume it is to maintain a healthy lifestyle. There is this conception out there that healthy eating means you are confined to a life of kale salads and green juice. While those things are on the menu and extremely healthy, so are comforting home cooked meals!
This Paleo Chicken & Sweet Potato Bake is super basic. There are no fancy techniques or ingredients; it’s just good, clean food. Remember that first and foremost, a healthy lifestyle is one that is free of chemicals and waste products which the body can not assimilate or utilize. I’ve talked about this before but it’s worth mentioning again, especially if you are one of those that is feeling overwhelmed with where to begin!
Good old fashioned home cooked meals using raw ingredients are always a good idea and will always trump processed foods, artificial foods, diet foods, restaurant, and takeout food when it comes to health and weight loss. You don’t have to get fancy or complicated, you can simply switch to eating natural foods and reap tremendous benefit!
This is such a comforting dish. There’s something about it that feels like autumn is in the air and makes you feel all warm and cozy inside!
The first thing that I thought when I had this dish was “this is a good home cooked meal”. There’s just something about food that’s done simply and at home that you can’t beat! It’s not complicated, it’s not fancy. It’s just GOOD. I hope you like it as much as we did. You could easily sub pork or beef for the chicken and any assortment of veggies would work! The seasonings are simple yet delicious and extremely versatile so have fun trying this basic recipe with whatever protein and veggies you may have on hand. Simple, healthy food.
1. Info for Paleo Chicken and Sweet Potato Bake
- Cook Time: unavailable
- Total Time: unavailable
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Paleo Chicken and Sweet Potato Bake
- 2 chicken breasts (free-range organic is preferred)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, washed and cut into wedges (I left the skin on)
- 1 pint assorted grape tomatoes
- 4 large cloves of garlic, minced (you can use more or less according to taste)
- 2 Tbs Italian seasoning
- sea salt
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 deg.
- In a large ziplock bag, add potato wedges, a drizzle of olive oil, and half of your spices – 2 cloves of minced garlic, ½ tsp salt, 2 tsps Italian seasoning, and ¼ tsp of cracked pepper. Seal and shake ingredients until fully coated. Empty onto a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 mins or until edges begin to turn slightly brown.
- In the same large ziplock bag, add chicken breasts, a drizzle of olive oil, and the other half of your spices – 2 cloves of minced garlic, ½ tsp salt, 2 tsps Italian seasoning, and ¼ tsp of cracked pepper. Seal and shake ingredients until fully coated.
- Then in a large skillet over med high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and brown chicken on both sides (a splatter screen is very helpful for this step!). Once the chicken is browned on both sides, your sweet potatoes should be ready. Remove them from the oven and add to the outer edges of the pan, along with your tomatoes. Cook uncovered, shaking the pan every so often often to prevent sticking, for another 7-10 mins or until chicken is cooked through. This dish will serve 2 and can easily be doubled or tripled to suit your needs.