This might be the best recipe I’ve ever made…I’m not even joking!
I was inspired by a delicious kale caesar I had at Napoleon’s in Laguna. I kept thinking about how good that salad was and wanted to see if I could recreate my own dairy free ceasar dressing. I’m pretty darn proud of how it came out and I’m so excited to share the recipe with you! I think it is sure to become one of your favorites! I can’t wait to make it again for guests, it’s seriously restaurant quality. So, so good!!
The other thing I like about this recipe is that it’s very versatile. It seems like these days we all have our own unique dietary needs and this recipe is:
- gluten free
- dairy free
- sugar free
- it can be made raw vegan by omitting the chicken and using avocado instead
- it can be made vegetarian by substituting hard boiled eggs or salmon for the chicken
- the salad base is also great to have on it’s own
- the dressing can be used as a veggie dip or a spread on sandwiches
That’s a lot of options from one little recipe!! This is a great one for families with picky eaters, just make the base and let everyone pick and choose their own protein choice or veggies.
Seriously be prepared to be blown away. I can’t even describe how amazing this salad is. It is SO worth it to make the recipe and I would even make extras to last all week! The Almond Crusted Chicken is beyond amazing on it’s own (I’ll typically make 4-6 at a time) or added to pretty much anything. It’s one of those dishes that never gets old!
If you’re having a dinner party or have family in town, this is a great recipe to introduce them to your healthy lifestyle since it actually doesn’t taste like it’s good for you! It literally tastes like a fatty caesar salad with fried chicken on top! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
1. Info for Raw Kale Caesar Salad with Almond Crusted Paleo Chicken
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Servings: 4
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Raw Kale Caesar Salad with Almond Crusted Paleo Chicken
- 2 large heads of curly kale
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs mild white miso
- 1.5 tsps sea salt
- LOTS & LOTS of fresh cracked pepper, the more the better!
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 drops liquid stevia
- 2-4 organic, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup almond flour – you could also use coconut flour or leftover almond pulp from making homemade almond milk!!
- 1 Tbs spices of choice, for this recipe I used organic steak seasoning and herbs de provence to give it a more intense flavor.
- sea salt & black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- For the Almond Crusted Chicken you’ll need to Preheat oven to 425 deg, line a large baking sheet with foil, and set aside.
- You will need 2 large bowls. In the first bowl, add your almond meal, salt, pepper, and spices and mix thoroughly.
- In a second large bowl, crack 1 egg and beat with a fork or whisk until combined.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture and coat both sides. Then dip the coated chicken into the almond meal mixture, coat both sides and place on a large baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake at 425 for about 20mins or until browned on the outside and cooked through.
- For the dressing combine the cashews, pine nuts, lemon juice, miso, sea salt, LOTS & LOTS of fresh cracked pepper, 4 cloves garlic, stevia and water into a blender.
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth. I use a Vitamix. If you don’t have a high speed blender, you could also use a food processor. Adjust salt, pepper, and lemon juice as needed
- Pour dressing into your ziplock bag with the kale and shredded carrots.
- Seal your ziplock bag and shake vigorously until the dressing and vegetables are well combined.
- Pour your Ceasar Salad mixture onto a large plate, place 1 sliced chicken breast on top and serve immediately.