Aged balsamic vinegar accentuates the natural sweetness of roasted beets, creating a mouthwatering side dish that an be eaten warm or cold.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Balsamic Roasted Beets.
1. Info for Balsamic Roasted Beets
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total Time: 55 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 100.4 kcal
2. Ingredients for Balsamic Roasted Beets
- 1 lb. beets
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. aged balsamic vinegar (for beets)
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp. aged balsamic vinegar (for serving, more as desired, optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Peel the beets and cut them into 3/4-inch cubes. Arrange the cubes in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle the beets with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and honey. Sprinkle with the salt and black pepper. Use a rubber spatula to toss the beets until they are evenly coated.
- Roast the beets on middle rack of oven, stirring twice during the cook time, until the beets are fork-tender and slightly caramelized, 45-55 minutes.
- Check to see that beets are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Drizzle beets with additional balsamic vinegar, if desired, and serve.