I was visiting my brother and his family a few weeks ago and they made me the most AMAZING beet and carrot bake! I was so obsessed with it that I just had to try to recreate my own and I’m so glad I did!! It is SOOOO good and very simple to make!
You all know that I love food that tastes amazing and is also amazing for you! The beets, carrots, and leeks in this dish are unbelievably nutritious and actually help to detoxify and strengthen the body!!
- amazing for regulating blood pressure
- support healthy digestion, especially in women!
- have amazing anti-cancer properties
- acts as a detoxifier by supporting the liver and purify the blood
- rich in vitamin C, B vitamins, potassium, and manganese. All of these support the bones, nervous system, liver, kidney, and muscular system.
- beets can also help to energize the body!
- rich in vitamin C, A, and K. These nutrients provide protection against heart disease and stroke!
- help to build strong bones
- support a healthy nervous system
- great for eyesight
- rich in antioxidants which are beneficial for caner prevention and detoxification
- anti-inflammatory, helps with water retention and puffiness
- supports healthy memory and cognitive function
This makes a great side dish but I actually just ate it on it’s own for dinner, it’s that good and has amazing flavor!
I also had it over a bowl of quinoa which was lovely and very filling. Beautiful, healthy food that’s easy to make and SO GOOD for you! It doesn’t get much better then that! Enjoy!!
1. Info for Beet and Carrot Detox Bake
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Servings: 6
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Beet and Carrot Detox Bake
- 6 carrots
- 3 large beets
- 2 leeks (you could also use scallions)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil
- 4 ounces of cheese – I’ve used chevre style goat cheese and feta cheese, both are wonderful!
- fresh black pepper
- Scrub your beets clean and cut the stems off. You can leave the roots while they steam, this actually makes them sweeter!
- In a large saucepan covered with a lid, steam your beets whole until soft, about 10-15 mins. Check them regularly and add more water as needed.
- After about 10 mins, you can add your carrots to the same pan or use a different pan if you would like to preserve the individual flavors.
- While your veggies are steaming, prepare your leeks.
- Drizzle olive oil a large sauce pan over med high heat, and add minced garlic and chopped leeks. You can see a great tutorial on how to easily wash leeks here! Stir and cook for several minutes until slightly soft.
- Once your veggies are done, layer them in a baking dish. Drizzle them with tamari, fresh cracked pepper, and crumbled cheese.
- Broil at 500 degrees until the cheese is golden brown. Let cool and serve!
- You can also cover your dish with a lid or aluminum foil if you want a creamier, saucier consistency more similar to a casserole. I think it would be great either way. I loved the crust that develops from broiling but might try covering it this winter when I’m craving heartier foods.