Our take on the spicy New Orleans favorite replaces sausage with fresh chicken and Canadian bacon but keeps the Cajun flavor.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Cajun Chicken Jambalaya.
1. Info for Cajun Chicken Jambalaya
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total Time: 55 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 395 kcal
2. Ingredients for Cajun Chicken Jambalaya
- 6 Tyson® Trimmed & Ready® Fresh Chicken Breast Tenderloins
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning blend
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 3 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 1 cup salsa, medium
- 1 can reduced-sodium chicken broth, 14-oz.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch chunks. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet to medium-high. Cook chicken 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet, cook green pepper, three-fourths of scallions and celery 5 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender. Add uncooked rice to skillet and cook 1 minute.
- Return chicken to skillet. Stir in bacon, salsa and broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice has absorbed liquid and chicken is done (internal temp 170°F).
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining scallions before serving.