Enjoy the flavors of Johnsonville—Cajun-style! This recipe from Johnsonville Kitchens is a fantastic interpretation of a Cajun classic. All of the key ingredients are here: brown rice, green peppers, onions and celery. Once you taste the bold flavors of Johnsonville Andouille Sausage, you won’t want to do Cajun any other way.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Dirty Rice with Andouille Sausage.
1. Info for Dirty Rice with Andouille Sausage
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total Time: 50 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 501.98 kcal
2. Ingredients for Dirty Rice with Andouille Sausage
- 2 cups long grain brown rice
- 5 cups chicken stock, divided
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Andouille Sausage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a saucepan, prepare rice according to package directions using 4 cups chicken stock.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown sausage in oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add pepper, celery, garlic and remaining broth.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add hot rice to sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle with parsley.