Slow cooker makes jambalaya a snap. Be sure to check the last hour or two to keep the rice from overcooking.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Cajun Sausage Jambalaya.
1. Info for Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
- Cook Time: 6 hr 30 min
- Total Time: 6 hr 30 min
- Servings: 8
2. Ingredients for Cajun Sausage Jambalaya
- 1 pound boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, lean
- 12 ounces andouille sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups rice, medium-grain white
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, (green, red, or both), chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- Mix all ingredients except green onions in slow 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours, or high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Watch carefully during the last 1 hour (low) or 1/2 hour (high) of cooking to prevent rice from overcooking.
- Just before serving, check seasoning and add green onions.