Juicy ripe tomatoes and a hot summer day—plus a blender—are all you need for a refreshing, healthful soup. The creamy texture comes from a small amount of bread plus the power of the blender to create a smooth puree. Serve in small bowls as an appetizer for a seasonal cookout, or a whole bowl for a light lunch or dinner.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Creamy No-Cream Gazpacho.
1. Info for Creamy No-Cream Gazpacho
- Cook Time: 1 hr 25 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 25 min
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 241.43 kcal
2. Ingredients for Creamy No-Cream Gazpacho
- 3 lb. ripe tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 oz. crusty bread
- 3/4 cup ice water (for soup)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (or sherry vinegar, for soup)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (for soup)
- 2 tsp. salt (for soup)
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika (for soup)
- Ice water (optional, for adjusting texture)
- Smoked paprika (optional, for serving)
- Red wine vinegar (or sherry vinegar, optional, for serving)
- Salt (optional, for serving)
- Extra-virgin olive oil (optional, for serving)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Extra-virgin olive oil (for drizzling)
- Core the tomatoes, then cut in half crosswise and gently squeeze out and discard the seeds. (If any seeds don’t release, run your finger through the seed cavity.) Cut tomatoes into chunks and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Peel the cucumber and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a small spoon. Coarsely chop the cucumber and add to tomatoes.
- Core, seed, and coarsely chop the bell pepper. Coarsely chop the onion and garlic. Tear the bread into pieces.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, garlic, bread, ice water, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and smoked paprika to the bowl with the tomato mixture. Toss until ingredients are combined and bread is moistened. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, and up to 4 hours.
- Transfer the ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed (blend the soup in batches if needed), 2 minutes. Add more ice water if needed to get a thick but pourable consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with more smoked paprika, vinegar, salt, and olive oil, if needed.
- Roughly chop the parsley. Serve the gazpacho icy cold, ladled into bowls with a sprinkle of parsley and a drizzle of olive oil. Store in the refrigerator up to 3 days.