Extra crispy chicken nuggets baked in the oven save the mess and calories of frying.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Baked Chicken Nuggets.
1. Info for Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Cook Time: 45 Min
- Total Time: 45 Min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 331 kcal
2. Ingredients for Baked Chicken Nuggets
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 tsp. salt (for chicken)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper (for chicken)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (for flour)
- Pinch salt (for flour)
- Pinch black pepper (for flour)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/8 tsp. salt (for panko)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (for panko)
- Canola oil cooking spray
- Buffalo sauce (optional, for serving)
- Sweet chili sauce (optional, for serving)
- Ketchup (optional, for serving)
- Barbecue sauce (optional, for serving)
- Ranch dressing (optional, for serving)
- Honey-mustard dressing (optional, for serving)
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Place the flour in a shallow bowl and season with the garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. In a second shallow bowl, whisk the eggs until smooth. In a third shallow bowl, combine the panko, salt, and garlic powder.
Coat a piece of chicken thoroughly in flour, then dip it in the beaten egg. Place the chicken in the bowl of panko and turn it until evenly coated. Transfer the chicken from the bowl to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat this process with the remaining chicken pieces.
Spray the chicken nuggets liberally with the cooking spray.
Bake the chicken nuggets on middle rack of oven until they are beginning to brown, 10-12 minutes.
Flip the nuggets and spray once more with cooking spray. Continue baking until the panko is golden and crispy and the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Check to see that chicken nuggets are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Transfer the chicken nuggets to a plate and serve immediately. Serving suggestions: Drizzle the nuggets with buffalo sauce or sweet chili sauce, or serve with ketchup, barbecue sauce, ranch, or honey-mustard dressing for dipping.