Hearty and delicious, this version of the classic Italian favorite just happens to be gluten-free, thanks to the gluten-free noodles.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Easy Gluten-Free Beef Lasagna.
1. Info for Easy Gluten-Free Beef Lasagna
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Servings: 10
- Calories: 318.16 kcal
2. Ingredients for Easy Gluten-Free Beef Lasagna
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 box gluten-free lasagna (12 oz.)
- 1 lb. 85% lean ground beef
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt (divided, plus more for pasta water)
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper (divided)
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (divided)
- 2 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning (divided)
- 1 jar marinara sauce (24 oz.)
- 16 oz. low-moisture ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1 egg
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- italian seasoning
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a generous pinch of salt and a few sprays of nonstick cooking spray to the water. Once boiling, add the lasagna to the water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente, 9-10 minutes. Drain the pasta in a large colander, and rinse thoroughly with cold water. While the pasta cooks, prepare the meat sauce.
- Spray an extra-large skillet generously with nonstick cooking spray, then set over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning to the skillet. Cook the beef, breaking it up with a spatula, until thoroughly browned, 5-6 minutes.
- Drain the fat from the skillet. Return the skillet to the stove, and turn the heat to medium-low. Pour the marinara sauce over the meat and stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes. While the sauce simmers, prepare the cheese mixture.
- Place the ricotta, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning, and mozzarella cheese in a large mixing bowl. Stir with a rubber spatula to thoroughly combine.
- To assemble the lasagna, spoon 1/2 cup of the meat sauce into the baking dish to cover the bottom. Place 3-4 lasagna noodles in a single layer over the sauce. Drop 1/3 of the ricotta mixture by spoonfuls over the noodles, and gently spread it into an even layer. Spoon 1/4 of the remaining meat sauce over the ricotta. Repeat the layering process two more times. Place the last 3-4 lasagna noodles over the top of the dish, and cover with the last 1/4 of the meat sauce. Sprinkle the remaining shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan cheese in an even layer over the top of the lasagna.
- Cover the baking dish with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Bake the lasagna on middle rack of oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and continue baking until cheese on top is golden brown and dish is bubbling at the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Check to see that lasagna is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the lasagna to rest for 20 minutes before serving.