This traditional quiche is as easy as … pie!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Bacon and Cheese Quiche.
1. Info for Bacon and Cheese Quiche
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 230.79 kcal
2. Ingredients for Bacon and Cheese Quiche
- 1 frozen pie shell
- 6 strips bacon
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 oz. shredded gouda cheese (2 oz. per 1/2 cup)
- 2 oz. shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz. per 1/2 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Move a rack to the lowest position in the oven.
- Poke the bottom of the frozen pie shell several times with a fork, and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake the pie shell on bottom rack of oven until the bottom is slightly puffed, 12-14 minutes. When done, remove from oven and set aside.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Place two sheets of paper towels on a large dinner plate. Set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the bacon strips in the skillet. Fry the bacon until brown and crisp, about 6-8 minutes, flipping once.
- Transfer the bacon strips to the paper-towel-lined dinner plate.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, salt, and black pepper until smooth.
- Using clean hands, crumble the bacon into small pieces.
- Add the crumbled bacon and shredded cheeses to the egg and milk mixture. Fold with a rubber spatula until evenly distributed.
- Pour the egg, bacon, and cheese mixture into the pie shell. Cover the edges of the pie shell with pie guards or strips of aluminum foil to avoid burning or over-browning the crust.
- Bake the quiche on bottom rack of oven until the top is firm and golden brown, 45-55 minutes.
- Check to see that quiche is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes at room temperature before slicing and serving. Leftover quiche may be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.