This hearty baked dish of gluten-free spaghetti includes meat sauce and a creamy layer of ricotta cheese.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Easy Gluten-Free Baked Spaghetti.
1. Info for Easy Gluten-Free Baked Spaghetti
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Servings: 10
- Calories: 484.45 kcal
2. Ingredients for Easy Gluten-Free Baked Spaghetti
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 lb. gluten-free spaghetti
- 1 lb. 85% lean ground beef
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt (divided, plus more for pasta water)
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper (divided)
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (divided)
- 2 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning (divided)
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 16 oz. low-moisture ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (2 oz. per 1/2 cup)
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- italian seasoning
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add a generous pinch of salt and a few sprays of nonstick cooking spray to a large pot of water, and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, add the spaghetti to the water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente, 9-10 minutes. Drain the pasta in a large colander, and rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- Spray an extra-large skillet generously with nonstick cooking spray, then set over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning to the skillet. Cook the beef, breaking it up with a spatula, until thoroughly browned, 5-6 minutes.
- Drain the fat from the skillet. Return the skillet to the stove, and reduce the heat to medium-low. Pour the marinara sauce over the meat and stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes. While the sauce simmers, prepare the cheese mixture.
- Place the ricotta, Parmesan, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and mozzarella cheese in a large mixing bowl. Stir with a rubber spatula to thoroughly combine.
- Return the drained spaghetti to the pot. Add the meat sauce and stir to thoroughly coat the noodles.
- Transfer half of the sauced pasta to the prepared baking dish. Drop the ricotta mixture by spoonfuls over the spaghetti, and gently spread it into an even layer. Top with the remaining noodles. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese in an even layer over the top of the dish.
- Cover the baking dish with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Bake the spaghetti on middle rack of oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and bake until cheese on top is golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Check to see that spaghetti is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the spaghetti to rest for 20 minutes before serving.