Whether spicy or mild, this fresh-tasting salsa delivers with a bright and colorful mixture of tomatoes, jalapeno, garlic, green onions, red onion, and cilantro. All balanced and accented with lime juice and a touch of ground coriander. If you like your salsa hot, add the seeds and ribs of the jalapeno. For even more heat, you use two jalapenos or even serrano chilies.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Fresh Salsa.
1. Info for Fresh Salsa
- Cook Time: 11 min
- Total Time: 11 min
- Servings: 10
- Calories: 16.99 kcal
2. Ingredients for Fresh Salsa
- 5 Roma plum tomatoes (halved and seeded)
- 1 lime (ends trimmed and halved)
- 1 jalapeño (halved, seeded and deveined)
- 2 green onions (including green tops; ends trimmed and chopped into thirds)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3/4 red onion (about 3/4 cup, peeled and quartered)
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- Add three of the tomatoes and juice from ½ the lime to the blender and blend at speed 1 for 5 seconds. Add the jalapeno, green onions, garlic cloves, and red onion, and blend at speed 2 until finely chopped, but not pureed. Slice the remaining half of the lime in half, then add it, along with the cilantro, pepper, salt, sugar and cumin to the blender and blend at speed 3 for 5 seconds. Transfer to bowl and serve immediately, or store in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- CHEF’S NOTES: Salsa will keep for up to a week when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.