Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Blackberry Cupcakes.
1. Info for Blackberry Cupcakes
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total Time: 50 min
- Servings: 18
- Calories: 273 kcal
2. Ingredients for Blackberry Cupcakes
- 3 cups blackberries, mashed and strained to remove seeds
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 vanilla bean, seed scraped or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/3 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pans with 18 paper or foil liners.
- Measure 1 1/3 cups of strained blackberries into a separate container. Combine with milk and set aside. Reserve remaining mashed blackberries for decoration.
- Attach flat beater to KitchenAid® Artisan® Stand Mixer. Add 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup sugar to bowl and turn mixer to speed 4, beating until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl, add vanilla seeds or vanilla extract and mix on speed 4, blending until combined, about 30 seconds. Continuing on speed 4, add eggs one at a time, beating until well blended.
- Combine flour and baking soda. Turn mixer to Stir speed and add reserved blackberry and milk mixture, blending just until incorporated. Continuing on Stir speed, add flour mixture, mixing just until blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans, filling each cup about 2/3 full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes then remove and cool completely on wire racks. When cool, frost with cream cheese frosting and decorate with remaining sieved blackberries.
- To make frosting, attach flat beater to mixer and add 1/3 cup butter and cream cheese. Turn mixer to speed 4 and beat until creamy. Scrape down sides of bowl, add 1 cup confectioners sugar and mix on Stir speed until combined. Gradually increase to speed 6 and beat until light and fluffy.