A very hot oven quickly creates crisp pork strips for this gyros-style sandwich. Serve with pickled peppers, cherry tomatoes and sweet potato chips.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Greek-Style Pork Pocket Sandwich.
1. Info for Greek-Style Pork Pocket Sandwich
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 25 min
- Servings: 4
2. Ingredients for Greek-Style Pork Pocket Sandwich
- 1 pound boneless pork loin roast, cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing
- 2 pita loaves, halved
- 4 tablespoons cucumber dressing
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Toss together pork strips and Caesar dressing; place strips in a shallow pan and roast until pork is crisp and lightly browned, about 10-12 minutes. Open each pita half to form a pocket; fill with some pork, top with a tablespoon of cucumber dressing and some onion.