With crispy bacon, sweet maple syrup, and bourbon, these sweet potatoes are unlike anything you’ve ever eaten!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Loaded Bourbon Maple Bacon Sweet Potatoes.
1. Info for Loaded Bourbon Maple Bacon Sweet Potatoes
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 352.01 kcal
2. Ingredients for Loaded Bourbon Maple Bacon Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. bourbon
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 6 strips bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Pierce each sweet potato 2-3 times with a fork and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake the sweet potatoes on middle rack of oven until fork-tender, 45-60 minutes. When done, remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the sweet potatoes to rest until they’re cool enough to handle.
- With a sharp knife, make a lengthwise slit in the top of each sweet potato, slicing only halfway down. Carefully pinch the potatoes to open slightly. Scoop out about half of the potato flesh from each potato and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter, bourbon, maple syrup, nutmeg, salt, and black pepper to the bowl. Smash the mixture with a large fork into a chunky mash. Add additional maple syrup for a sweeter potato mash, if desired.
- Fold about 2/3 of the crumbled bacon into the sweet potato mash. Set aside the remaining bacon for serving.
- Place the hollowed sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Spoon an equal amount of the potato mash inside of each potato.
- Bake the potatoes on middle rack of oven until heated through and slightly caramelized on top, 8-10 minutes.
- Check to see that sweet potatoes are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumbled bacon over the tops of the potatoes. Serve immediately.