These mild, kid-friendly toasts feature furikake, a Japanese seasoning with bits of seaweed, sesame seeds, and other spices frequently used to add flavor to plain rice. While its unique flavor makes it well worth seeking out, you can substitute black sesame seeds if you prefer.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Mashed Sweet Potato Toasts with Furikake.
1. Info for Mashed Sweet Potato Toasts with Furikake
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 255 kcal
2. Ingredients for Mashed Sweet Potato Toasts with Furikake
- 6 cups broth, chicken or vegetable
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. whipping cream, or more as needed to get desired texture
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 slices bread, seeded
- 4 tsp. furikake
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add sweet potatoes, cover, and cook until soft, about 15-20 minutes. Drain potatoes and return to pan. Lightly mash until spreadable, but not completely smooth. Stir in cream and butter. Set aside.
- Toast bread according to your favorite method.
- Spread a thick layer of sweet potato mash on each toast. Sprinkle a teaspoon of furikake on each toast.