Looking for something new for your weekend brunch? Try these fun scrambled egg, bacon, and cheese-loaded baked potatoes.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Loaded Breakfast Baked Potatoes.
1. Info for Loaded Breakfast Baked Potatoes
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 474.24 kcal
2. Ingredients for Loaded Breakfast Baked Potatoes
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 3/4 tsp. salt (divided)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper (divided)
- 2 scallions
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 4 large eggs
- 4 strips bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- black pepper
- Sour cream (for serving)
- Hot sauce (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Pierce each potato 2-3 times with a fork and wrap each individually in a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Bake the potatoes directly on middle rack of oven until fork tender, 60-75 minutes. When done, remove the potatoes from the oven and allow them to rest until they’re cool enough to handle.
- Remove the potatoes from the aluminum foil. With a sharp knife, make a lengthwise slit in the top of each potato, slicing only halfway down. Carefully pinch the potatoes to open slightly. Season the insides of the potatoes with salt and black pepper.
- Finely mince the scallions.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour the eggs into the skillet, along with half the minced scallions and half the crumbled bacon. Cook, folding the eggs with a rubber spatula, until they are softly scrambled, 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle in half the shredded cheese, and fold to melt it. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet. Spoon an equal amount of the scrambled eggs inside of each potato. Sprinkle the potatoes with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake the potatoes on middle rack of oven until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are heated through, 8-10 minutes.
- Check to see that potatoes are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Sprinkle the remaining minced scallions and crumbled bacon over the tops of the potatoes.
- Top each potato with a generous spoonful of sour cream and a few dashes of hot sauce, if desired. Serve immediately.