Juicy, moist, and perfectly grilled, these Kurobuta Pork Chops with Miso Sauce are out of this world. The miso sauce is lightly infused with a secret ingredient for a spicy, citrusy kick. When served with steamed rice, you’d get the most flavorful pork chops for dinner.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Grilled Kurobuta Pork Chops with Miso Sauce.
1. Info for Grilled Kurobuta Pork Chops with Miso Sauce
- Cook Time: 2 hr 10 min
- Total Time: 2 hr 10 min
- Servings: 4
2. Ingredients for Grilled Kurobuta Pork Chops with Miso Sauce
- 4 pieces pork chops (bone-in, 3/4 inch thick, 5 oz each)
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt (or sea salt)
- 2 Tbsp miso
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 2 Tbsp sake
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil (roasted)
- 2 tsp yuzu kosho (or less to taste)
- One to two days before serving, evenly sprinkle salt on both sides of the pork chop. Cover with cling wrap and let rest for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Six hours before serving, combine miso, sake, mirin, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Add yuzu kosho and whisk together.
- Pour the sauce over the pork chops, cover with cling wrap and store in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Flip the pork chops to to cover the other side and put back in the refrigerator for another 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºF (93 ºC). Transfer the pork chops to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Reserve the marinade.
- Bake at 200 ºF (93 ºC) for roughly 1 hour. Let cook until your pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145 ºF.
- Meanwhile, transfer the remaining marinade to a small pot and bring it to boil on medium heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer until thickened a bit. Transfer to a small bowl.
- When the internal temperature reaches 145 ºF, take the pork chops out of the oven.
- Preheat the grill to 400 ºF (200 ºC). (or alternately, you can use a cast iron pan to sear).
- Sear the meat for 1 minute each side.
- Serve immediately along with the reduced sauce.