No fussy custard base here – just blend the base, fold in cookies, and churn your way toward amazing homemade ice cream. Classic sandwich cookies (such as Oreos) add chocolaty appeal, but you can use any crisp cookie, including chocolate chip or gingersnaps.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for No-Cook Cookies and Cream Ice Cream.
1. Info for No-Cook Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Cook Time: 5 hr 40 min
- Total Time: 5 hr 40 min
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 666.27 kcal
2. Ingredients for No-Cook Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- 14 chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreos)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Break the cookies into 5 or 6 pieces each. Put one-third of cookie pieces in a blender and pulse to crush into finer crumbles. Transfer to a small bowl, and set crumbles and pieces aside.
- Combine the half-and-half and sugar in the blender and blend at low speed until sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Add the sour cream and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla, and salt and blend for an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour the cream mixture into the freezer unit of an ice cream maker and start to churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Once the ice cream is thick enough to hold a shape, add the cookie pieces and crumbles. Continue to churn until thick, and mixture is starting to freeze hard around edges of the freezer bowl.
- Quickly scoop out the ice cream and transfer to a metal bowl or other freezer-safe container. Cover well with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 5 hours.
- Serve in bowls, on cones, or with a slice of angel food cake.