I’ve been getting a lot of requests for chicken recipes lately. I don’t eat chicken all that often but when I do, this is one of my favorite recipes. It is so, so yummy! It’s the perfect recipe to make when you’re entertaining as it’s easy to make but tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen…my kind of recipe!! My boyfriend LOVES this recipe so be sure to try it the next time you’re cooking for that special someone 😉
1. Info for Chicken with Pistachio Pesto and Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Servings: unavailable
- Calories: unavailable
2. Ingredients for Chicken with Pistachio Pesto and Sun Dried Tomatoes
- chicken breasts (I always use organic, free range chicken) – This recipe makes enough for up to 4
- your favorite Italian dressing as a marinade
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- dash of freshly ground black pepper
- sun dried tomatoes packed in oil (my fav is Mezetta, you can find them at most grocery stores)
3.1 For the Pistachio Pesto
Place the basil leaves, pistachios, olive oil, and tsp sea salt in a food processor and blend until well combined.
3.2 For the Chicken
First marinade the chicken in your favorite Italian dressing (I used Garlic Expressions, available at most grocery stores) for 2-24hrs. I typically put the chix breast in a glass dish, cover with dressing and a pinch of sea salt and leave in the fridge to marinade overnight.
Cook the marinated chicken in a skillet over med-high heat with the marinade. To keep the chicken moist, I included the leftover marinade and add about ¼ cup of water in the skillet, covered it with a lid, and let cook for about 5-6 mins. Next take the cover off and let cook for another few minuets until the liquid evaporates. Once the liquid has evaporated, you can brown the chicken for about 45 sec – 1 min on each side.
Top with a layer of pesto and sun dried tomatoes. Viola, you’ve a tasty meal that’s absolutely PACKED with flavor and healthy to boot!! Try it and let me know what you think!!