For a taste of spring, pair fresh asparagus and bright green peas with crispy chicken thighs for an easy — but elegant — one pot meal. A dijon-white wine sauce and flecks of crunchy bacon complete this flavorful dish.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for One Skillet Chicken Thighs With Asparagus And Peas.
1. Info for One Skillet Chicken Thighs With Asparagus And Peas
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total Time: 35 min
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 367 kcal
2. Ingredients for One Skillet Chicken Thighs With Asparagus And Peas
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- A few cracks of black pepper
- 1/2 cup thick sliced bacon, diced
- 2 Tbsp shallots, diced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp room temperature butter
- 4 Tbsp freshly minced herbs such as parsley and dill
- lemon slices
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
- Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel and season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a heavy-bottomed, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, add the bacon and cook for 4-5 minutes, until crispy. Remove and let drain on paper towels. Carefully place chicken into bacon fat in skillet and sear until lightly browned on one side, 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a plate; set aside and keep warm.
- Lower the heat and add in shallots and red pepper flakes; sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened slightly. Add the white wine, stirring and scraping all the bits from the bottom of the pan. Whisk in the Dijon mustard, then add the bacon, chicken broth, peas, asparagus, and lemon juice. Season with a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper, bring to a boil, and then add the chicken thighs back to the pan. Place in oven and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, add the butter, and swirl pan around. Garnish with minced herbs and lemon slices if you like. Serve with rice or buttered egg noodles.