Why spend money on store-bought almond paste when you can make it fresh at home for a fraction of the cost – and, with a better-tasting result!
EQUIPMENT: Uses blender, rubber spatula; plastic wrap
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Almond Paste.
1. Info for Almond Paste
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 10 min
- Servings: 24
- Calories: 111.72 kcal
2. Ingredients for Almond Paste
- 2 cups (291g) whole blanched almonds
- 2 cups (220g) powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons (9g) almond extract
- 2 large egg whites (80g)
- Add the whole blanched almonds to your blender and blend on speed 4 for 30 seconds. Uncover the blender and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula. Add the powdered sugar, blend on speed 3 for 30 seconds. Uncover and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula. Increase speed to 5 and blend again for 15 seconds.
- Remove the lid cap and add the almond extract and egg whites. Blend on speed 5 for 40 seconds, scraping down sides with a rubber spatula as needed. Reduce speed to 2 and blend for 10 seconds.
- Use a rubber spatula to remove paste from blender. Form into a log and wrap tightly with plastic wrap before storing in the refrigerator. (You can also freeze the almond paste to extend the shelf life.)
- CHEF’S NOTES: If you decide to blanch the almonds yourself, be sure to dehydrate them completely before using in this recipe.