Give blondies a healthy, high protein makeover with this mouthwatering dessert! Laced with peanut butter and dark chocolate chips, your guests will never guess that this recipe is made with chickpeas!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Peanut Butter Chickpea Blondies.
1. Info for Peanut Butter Chickpea Blondies
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total Time: 35 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 378.3 kcal
2. Ingredients for Peanut Butter Chickpea Blondies
- 1 can chickpeas (15oz/ 425g), drained
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 egg (or flax egg)
- ⅓ cup 60-70% dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp salted peanuts
- 2 tbsp 60-70% dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350℉/ 180℃
- Line a 8 inch x 8 inch (20cm x 20cm) baking tin with parchment paper.
- Add the chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and an egg to a food processor or high-powered blender container.
- Pulse the food processor/blender 5-10 times, then blend on high until smooth.
- Detach the food processor/blender container from the appliance, and mix ⅓ cup of chocolate chips into the blondie batter with a spatula.
- Poor the blondie batter into the parchment-lined baking tin. Smooth with a spatula to create one even layer.
- Finely chop the peanuts. Sprinkle the peanuts and 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips on top of the blondie batter.
- Insert the baking tin into the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the middle is spongy.
- Remove the baking tin from the oven, and allow the blondies to cool. When cool, slice the blondies into squares and serve.