Tender slices of eggplant and creamy dollops of ricotta make these naan pizzas perfect for when you’re craving Eggplant Parmesan with a little extra something.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Quick & Easy Eggplant Naan Pizzas.
1. Info for Quick & Easy Eggplant Naan Pizzas
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 339.71 kcal
2. Ingredients for Quick & Easy Eggplant Naan Pizzas
- 4 pieces Naan bread
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small eggplant
- 4 basil leaves
- 2/3 cup (5.5oz) pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- 1 ½ cups (6oz.) shredded “pizza blend” or mozzarella cheese
- 4oz. (1 scant cup) ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbs. shaved parmesan cheese, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the naan on the baking sheet. Drizzle an equal amount of the olive oil over the surface of each piece.
- Thinly slice the eggplant into 1/8-inch thick rounds. Cut each round in half.
- Stack the basil leaves and roll into a tight log. Make very thin slices across the log to create ribbons.
- Divide the pizza sauce equally on each naan piece and spread it into an even layer, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the sauce.
- Spread eggplant slices evenly over each piece of naan, then add a sprinkling of shredded cheese, drops of ricotta cheese, and half of the basil ribbons. Reserve remaining basil for garnish.
- Bake the pizzas on middle rack of oven until the naan is crisp and the cheese is bubbly and golden, 14-15 minutes.
- Check to see that pizzas are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow pizzas to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Top with reserved basil ribbons and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, if desired. Slice and serve. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Reheat in the oven at 350°F for 5-7 minutes.