My brownies are an absolute favourite at home and are effortlessly made using a new KitchenAid Artisan ® Mini Mixer; a convenient size for my London kitchen and very versatile, it is an essential piece of kit. These brownies a flaky sugary top, chewy corners and gooey centre that so many recipes don’t deliver; the rye gives them an even richer depth.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Rye Chocolate Brownies.
1. Info for Rye Chocolate Brownies
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 45 min
- Servings: 8
2. Ingredients for Rye Chocolate Brownies
- 200 g dark chocolate – 72%
- 140 g butter
- 3 medium eggs , room temperature
- 100 g caster sugar
- 125 g soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp carob spread or Nutella
- 55 g dark fine ground rye flour
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 150°C fan and line a 4 cm deep 15 x 25 cm baking tray.
- Break up the dark chocolate into a heatproof bowl. Add the butter and set the bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure it doesn’t touch the water. Stir to combine then remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- In your KitchenAid Artisan® Mini Mixer, whisk the eggs with the sugar until combined but not yet pale or fluffy.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the eggs and sugar and stir to incorporate. Stir in the carob spread or Nutella. Fold through the flour with a pinch of salt.
- Scrape the batter into the tray and bake for 15 minutes; the top should look all flaky and cracked and have turned lighter brown, the edges should be wrinkly and the brownie shouldn’t be wobbly in the tray. Take it out as soon as it looks like this, as it will keep cooking in the tray as it cools.
- Leave to cool in the tin then cut into squares.