A unique, savory twist on sweet potato casserole that is sure to impress your Thanksgiving guests.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Savory Sweet Potato Casserole with Parmesan Crumble.
1. Info for Savory Sweet Potato Casserole with Parmesan Crumble
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total Time: 55 min
- Servings: 12
- Calories: 440.75 kcal
2. Ingredients for Savory Sweet Potato Casserole with Parmesan Crumble
- 4 lb. sweet potatoes (6 large)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (for potatoes)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted, for potatoes)
- 6 Tbsp. heavy cream (or half-and-half)
- 1 tsp. salt (for potatoes)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (for crumble)
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for crumble)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (melted, for crumble)
- Poke holes all over the sweet potatoes with a fork, then place on a large microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high until potatoes are very fork-tender, 15-20 minutes. Use oven mitts to remove plate from the microwave and allow sweet potatoes to rest until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes. Microwave in batches if necessary.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Scoop the baked sweet potato flesh from the skins and place in a large mixing bowl. Discard skins. Add the Parmesan, butter, cream, salt, and pepper. Mash the mixture with a potato masher until it is smooth and creamy. Add the eggs and stir until smooth and combined.
- Transfer the sweet potato mixture to the prepared baking dish and smooth it into an even layer.
- Place the flour, Parmesan, dried rosemary, garlic powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir with a fork to combine. Drizzle the melted butter into the bowl and mix until large crumbs form.
- Sprinkle the crumble evenly over sweet potatoes.
- Bake the casserole on middle rack of oven until topping is golden brown and the dish is gently bubbling at edges, 30-35 minutes.
- Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow sweet potato casserole to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.