A unique, savory twist on sweet potato casserole that is sure to impress your Thanksgiving guests.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Savory Sweet Potato Casserole with Parmesan Crumble.
1. Info for Savory Sweet Potato Casserole with Parmesan Crumble
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total Time: 55 min
- Servings: 12
- Calories: 440.75 kcal
2. Ingredients for Savory Sweet Potato Casserole with Parmesan Crumble
- 4 lb. sweet potatoes (6 large)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (for potatoes)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted, for potatoes)
- 6 Tbsp. heavy cream (or half-and-half)
- 1 tsp. salt (for potatoes)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (for crumble)
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for crumble)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (melted, for crumble)
Poke holes all over the sweet potatoes with a fork, then place on a large microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high until potatoes are very fork-tender, 15-20 minutes. Use oven mitts to remove plate from the microwave and allow sweet potatoes to rest until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes. Microwave in batches if necessary.
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Scoop the baked sweet potato flesh from the skins and place in a large mixing bowl. Discard skins. Add the Parmesan, butter, cream, salt, and pepper. Mash the mixture with a potato masher until it is smooth and creamy. Add the eggs and stir until smooth and combined.
Transfer the sweet potato mixture to the prepared baking dish and smooth it into an even layer.
Place the flour, Parmesan, dried rosemary, garlic powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir with a fork to combine. Drizzle the melted butter into the bowl and mix until large crumbs form.
Sprinkle the crumble evenly over sweet potatoes.
Bake the casserole on middle rack of oven until topping is golden brown and the dish is gently bubbling at edges, 30-35 minutes.
Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Allow sweet potato casserole to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.