Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Spiced Lamb Burgers with Halloumi and Cucumber Sauce.
1. Info for Spiced Lamb Burgers with Halloumi and Cucumber Sauce
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 365.88 kcal
2. Ingredients for Spiced Lamb Burgers with Halloumi and Cucumber Sauce
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup seeded and finely chopped cucumber
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 1 1/2 pounds lamb shoulder, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 oz. Halloumi, sliced
- 6 toasted buns
- Combine all ingredients for cucumber sauce in medium bowl (3/4 cup plain greek yogurt, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1 Tbs mint, 1 tsp fresh lemon juice, 1 tsp fresh lemon zest, 1 clove garlic). Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place lamb on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for 20 minutes. Attach KitchenAid® Metal Food Grinder Attachment with coarse grinding plate to KitchenAid®Stand Mixer. Position mixer bowl under attachment. Turn mixer to speed 4 and grind lamb and 2 cloves garlic. Remove food grinder and attach flat beater and mixer bowl to mixer. Add 1/4 cup red onion, 2 Tbs mint, 1 Tbs parsley, 1/2 tsp chilies, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper, turn to Stir speed and mix until combined, about 30 seconds. Shape mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Place the Halloumi slices in pan, do not overcrowd, and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon oil to same skillet and heat over medium heat. Cook burgers in batches until cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side, adding remaining oil as needed. Serve immediately with grilled Halloumi and yogurt sauce on toasted buns.