Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Mini Pistachio, Walnut & Honey Baklava.
1. Info for Mini Pistachio, Walnut & Honey Baklava
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 2030.66 kcal
2. Ingredients for Mini Pistachio, Walnut & Honey Baklava
- 1/2 pound walnuts
- 1/2 pound shelled pistachios
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 16-ounce package phyllo dough
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey (suggested: raspberry honey)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9×13-inch glass baking dish.
- In the bowl of a KitchenAid® Pro Line® Series Cordless Hand Blender, pulse the walnuts and pistachios in batches until finely chopped. Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir together with cinnamon and pepper.
- Lay 2 pieces of the phyllo dough in the buttered pan and brush with butter. Repeat, 2 slices at a time, until 8 pieces of phyllo have been stacked. Sprinkle with about 1/4 cup of the nut mixture. Top with two pieces of phyllo and butter, followed by 1/4 cup of nut mixture. Repeat until all the nut mixture has been used. The top layer of the baklava should be 6-8 slices thick and buttered on top.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut on a diagonal, leaving 1-inch between cuts. Repeat in the opposite direction to form a diamond pattern.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until golden brown.
- When the baklava is just about done, combine the water, sugar, honey and vanilla in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until its translucent. Once the baklava is removed from the oven, pour the syrup mixture over it, taking care to spread it evenly around the pan.
- Let sit, uncovered, for at least 4 hours before recutting and serving with whipped cream.
- To make the whipped cream, place the heavy cream, sugar and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl and use the KitchenAid® Pro Line® Series Cordless Hand Blender to whip to soft peaks. Chill until ready to use.