Use your favorite salsa in this recipe. Very easy to put together for a weekday meal or a quick lunch. Have different garnishes available to dress up the soup. Black olives, sour cream, salsa, cilantro, and diced avocado are some tasty add-ons.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Spicy Tortilla Soup.
1. Info for Spicy Tortilla Soup
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total Time: 55 min
- Servings: 4
2. Ingredients for Spicy Tortilla Soup
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 15-oz can tomatoes, crushed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa, medium hot
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- Brown pork and onions over medium-high heat in large saucepan, stirring occasionally. Add remaining ingredients except tortilla strips. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir tortilla strips into soup and simmer for 5-10 minutes more, until tortilla strips are softened. Serve hot.