Sweet potatoes, pecans, bacon, and brown sugar come together to make one of the most irresistible casseroles you’ll ever eat.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Sweet Potato Casserole with Bacon Pecan Crumble.
1. Info for Sweet Potato Casserole with Bacon Pecan Crumble
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Servings: 14
- Calories: 523.6 kcal
2. Ingredients for Sweet Potato Casserole with Bacon Pecan Crumble
- 4 lb. sweet potatoes (6 large)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (for potatoes)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted, for potatoes)
- 6 Tbsp. heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (for potatoes)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 12 oz. bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 cup pecans (roughly chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (for topping)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon (for topping)
- 1/2 cup butter (melted, for topping)
Poke holes all over the sweet potatoes with a fork, and place them on a large microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high until the potatoes are very fork-tender, 15-20 minutes. Carefully remove the plate from the microwave and allow the sweet potatoes to rest until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes. Microwave in batches if necessary.
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Scoop the baked sweet potato flesh from the skins and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar, butter, cream or half and half, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Mash the mixture with a potato masher or hand mixer until it is smooth and creamy. Add the eggs to the bowl and mix until smooth and well combined.
Transfer the sweet potato mixture to the prepared baking dish and smooth it into an even layer.
Place the bacon, pecans, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Stir with a fork to combine. Drizzle the melted butter into the bowl and mix until the mixture forms large crumbs.
Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the sweet potatoes.
Bake the casserole on middle rack of oven until the crumble is golden brown and the dish is gently bubbling at the edges, 30-35 minutes.
Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
Allow the sweet potato casserole to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.