Pesto is a pretty classically Italian sauce, with basil and tons of fresh garlic. This version is inspired by another bold cuisine, Thai. In place of the basil, this recipe uses cilantro. The garlic gets a boost from ingredients like chiles and ginger, while a bit of lime juice adds acidity. This sauce is super versatile, it can be enjoyed on rice noodles or act as marinade for a piece of meat or fish.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Thai Pesto.
1. Info for Thai Pesto
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 25 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 211.57 kcal
2. Ingredients for Thai Pesto
- 1 bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 15 cl. oil (rapeseed or sunflower.)
- 100 grams cashew
- 1 small green bird pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/2 limes, juice
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 piece ginger, about the size of a large walnut
- 1 garlic clove
- Put the coriander, cashews, garlic, grated ginger, bird pepper with seeds removed, salt, lemon juice, and lemon zest and half of the oil in the mixer bowl. Begin mixing, and progressively add the remaining oil taking care to scrape the sides of the bowl to keep the mixture smooth.