This chicken dish is full of Thai flavors that will make for an unforgettable meal. This recipe is so simple to make, with only 8 ingredients and taking under 30 minutes to prepare, it is perfect for weeknight dinner. Pair it with some brown rice and a big bowl of sauteed vegetables for a healthy and nutritious meal. The leftovers can be used to add lean protein to a salad, perfect for lunch or dinner.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Thai Chicken in Garlic and Pepper.
1. Info for Thai Chicken in Garlic and Pepper
- Cook Time: 26 min
- Total Time: 26 min
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 351.16 kcal
2. Ingredients for Thai Chicken in Garlic and Pepper
- 4 chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons crushed black pepper (it’s best to use fresh grains and crush with a mortar)
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar (otherwise use brown sugar)
- 3 tablespoons nuoc mam fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Cooking oil
- In a wok (or a skillet), heat a dash of oil then brown the chicken in it. Cook on high heat, stirring regularly for about ten minutes (cooking time depends on size of chicken pieces). Once cooked, remove the chicken, and add the garlic and fry it. Add the pepper, sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Stir for a minute and add chicken again in order to mix it thoroughly with the sauce.
- Serve with Thai rice, or even better, sticky rice.