What’s the secret to making this ultimate comfort food soup ultra creamy? Canned evaporated milk. It prevents curdling that can happen when regular milk is cooked over a long period of time.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Ultimate Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup.
1. Info for Ultimate Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup
- Cook Time: 6 hr 15 min
- Total Time: 6 hr 15 min
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 713.99 kcal
2. Ingredients for Ultimate Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup
- yukon gold potatoes
- evaporated milk
- vegetable broth
- unsalted butter
- black pepper
- sharp cheddar cheese
- fresh chives
- sour cream
- Peel potatoes and cut into chunks. Combine potatoes, evaporated milk, broth, butter, salt, and pepper in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low setting until potatoes are tender, 6-8 hours.
- While soup cooks, cook bacon in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until crisp, turning once, 4-5 minutes on each side. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Crumble bacon. Coarsely shred cheese. Use kitchen scissors to snip chives.
- Puree soup in slow cooker using an immersion blender (watch out for possible splashing as it starts to mix). Or puree soup in batches in a blender.
- Divide soup among serving bowls. Top with cheese, bacon, sour cream, and chives. Add more pepper to taste if you like.