Made with extra lean beef, and a bucket load of veggies, this classic comfort dish is the perfect antidote to cooler temperatures.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy-to-make recipe for Fall Superfood Beef Stew.
1. Info for Fall Superfood Beef Stew
- Cook Time: 6 hr 20 min
- Total Time: 6 hr 20 min
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 124.87 kcal
2. Ingredients for Fall Superfood Beef Stew
- 1 lb extra lean stewing beef
- 1L beef broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 white onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- 3 cups kale, shredded
- 2 sprig rosemary
- 2 sprig thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- Peel and crush the garlic, and finely dice the onion.
- Peel and slice the carrots and celery.
- Chop the sweet potato into 1/2 inch cubes, and thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Shred the kale, and finely chop the rosemary, and thyme.
- Cut the beef into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place a large pan on the stove, and turn the stove on to medium heat. Add the olive oil and garlic to the pan. Sauté for 30 seconds then add the diced onion to the pan.
- Sauté the onion and garlic until the onion becomes translucent, then add the celery and carrot to the pan. Cook for another minute or so.
- Add the rosemary, and thyme to the pan, followed by the beef. Toss the bay leaves into the pan and continue to the cook the ingredients until the beef has browned all over.
- Turn off the heat, and transfer the beef and veggie mixture to the slow-cooker. Add the kale, sweet, potato, mushrooms, cornstarch, tomato paste, salt and beef broth to the slow-cooker. Mix to combine the ingredients.
- Set the slow-cooker to high and cook for 6 hours.
- Just before serving, stir the worchestershire sauce into the stew. Garnish with chopped rosemary.